We’ve often wondered why our kids are dressed better than we are, but when we stop to think about it, it makes perfect sense: with as fast as they grow, they get a new, updated wardrobe practically every season! So they’ve always got the latest and greatest fashions filling their dresser drawers (and yes, we’re totally jealous).
With so much shopping to be done (and another little fashionista on the way in Evanthia’s house…), we’re always on the lookout for great prices, which is why we felt this rush of excitement this weekend when we walked into Old Navy’s kids and baby section, where bargains abound!
Right now, during Old Navy’s Kids & Baby Sale, you can get up to 40% off everything you could possibly need for kids. Here’s how our shopping excursion went…
I walked into Old Navy with a fairly long list of “needs,” and when we got to the register, every single item rang up on sale! What a relief! I’m always crazy about the super trendy clothes Old Navy carries for little girls, with plenty of selection so I can offer A her choice of colors and patterns in the pieces we need. (So many opinions already!)
Aren’t you always curious to peek into other people’s shopping carts? Well, here’s what we bought:
- New big girl underwear in sweet patterns that look like they’re inspired by both the nautical theme that’s all over Old Navy’s kids section right now and Valentine’s Day
- Ten pairs of Old Navy’s non-skid, turn-cuff socks (they’re seriously the only kind of socks I’ll buy for her since all her other pairs just slide off her feet all day long)
- Some sparkly ruffle-strap Mary Janes in a neutral silver color, for special occasions and church
- A flowy cotton top with ruffled sleeves and pleating, and…
- matching striped leggings.
Who could resist this look?
A, enjoying her fake ice cream cone. Oh, to be two years old again!
Now that I’ve had my daughter, this was the first shopping trip where I got to shop in the boys and girls sections! How fun!
I love dressing my son in fun and fashionable patterns, but generally I have a hard time finding clothes that I like. I’m not into him wearing a lot of sports-themed clothes, and I’m not a fan of the messages on a lot of the graphic tees for little boys. But I’ve always found great pieces for him at Old Navy. And on this shopping trip, I was thrilled to find two tops. The pieces were well thought-out with surprising details, often not found in boys clothes:
- A thick Henley tee with that fun pocket and cuff detail, and in a super-soft material
- As Evanthia said, many of the clothes were nautical themed. And being a Navy family, I just couldn’t resist this adorable sweater with the orange detail. Of course, my son was thrilled to point out the ship on his sweater.
- And for my newly arrived sweetheart? Two one-piece outfits: one with little bears (I loved that it was in a surprising pattern and a more unique salmon color) and a cute Valentine-themed outfit that is just versatile enough to be worn beyond Valentine’s Day
- Ruffle detail: perfectly feminine
- Don’t you love the fold over mittens for little ones?
- And, then, before I left, I saw these… two girls shorts for $10! Super cute. On sale, and ahead of the season? Yay!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.